DIN TUR (Kommunalförbundet Kollektivtrafikmyndigheten i Västernorrlands län) wants you to feel confident that we process your personal data securely. The way in which we process your personal data is described below.
All personal data is processed in accordance with law. That means, among other things, that we adopt the necessary measures to protect your personal data and that you are entitled to contact us to find out what personal data we have saved on you. Read more about your rights below. You are welcome to visit www.imy.se, where you can read more about your rights regarding companies’ and organisations’ processing of your personal data.
Who is responsible for your personal data?
DIN TUR, corporate ID no. 222000-2923, is the data controller for the processing of your personal data and is responsible for ensuring that personal data is processed in a lawful manner.
How does Din Tur obtain your personal data?
DIN TUR collects personal data that you supply to us when you travel by public transport and otherwise use DIN TUR’s services. That may, for example, take place when you load and use your season ticket, register on Mina Sidor on the DIN TUR website, contact DIN TUR customer services, order on-demand services such as a transportation service or patient transport, take part in competitions and campaigns, apply for compensation for delay or use our mobile app, etc.
DIN TUR may also obtain personal data from sources other than you. The data may come from your municipality, Region Västernorrland, the Swedish Transport Agency, SPAR [the Swedish state personal address register] or other public sources to be used for purposes such as credit information and address updates.
What data is processed?
DIN TUR processes the personal data supplied to us. It may consist of your name, e-mail address, telephone number, postal address, date of birth, purchase and travel history, payment information and/or other information that you have supplied to us or that is otherwise necessary to enable us to fulfil our commitments to you.
Why does Din Tur process data on you?
We may use your personal data for purposes including the following:
- To fulfil our commitments to you.
- To give good service and provide simple, efficient services that work well.
- To manage and carry out your ticket purchases.
- To deal with and manage your questions to DIN TUR customer services.
- To manage orders for transportation services, patient transport and other on-demand services.
- To manage forgotten items (lost property).
- To inspect the validity of your ticket during ticket inspections, for example.
- To issue any penalty fares.
- To keep statistics in order to develop DIN TUR’s services and thereby improve travel for as many people as possible.
- To conduct voluntary market research.
- For your participation in competitions and campaigns.
- To send you text messages or otherwise notify you of any changes or disruptions to public transport services.
- To send you marketing offers about DIN TUR’s services.
- To inform the winners of competitions arranged online.
- To manage Mina Sidor.
- To carry out credit checks in the case of credit purchases.
- To carry out analyses to enable us to provide you with relevant marketing offers and information.
- To confirm that you are of the minimum legal age to carry out online purchases.
- To send you surveys that allow you to have your say about our offers and services.
- To send out newsletters.
- To prevent misuse or inappropriate use of our services,
- To enable us to manage ticket purchases in the app.
- To enable us to distribute messages and notifications in the app on any changes or disruptions to transport services.
- To distribute notices and notifications on timetable updates or other relevant information relating to DIN TUR’s services.
- To deal with complaints, carry out troubleshooting and provide support in the app.
- To check validity of tickets in the app.
- To keep statistics for the purpose of developing our services.
- To counteract abuse of the app.
We do not use personal data for automated decision-making.
When is DIN TUR entitled to process your personal data?
DIN TUR is entitled to process the personal data required for the fulfilment of our commitment to you or if you have consented to the processing. DIN TUR may also need to process your personal data on the basis of a requirement in a law or regulation.
In some cases, DIN TUR may need your consent to process your personal data. When you give your consent in these cases, you will always receive clear information on what you are consenting to.
Who has access to your personal data?
Your personal data is used by DIN TUR and DIN TUR’s personal data processors. We do not disclose personal data to other companies unless we need to do so due to a law, regulation or decision by a public authority or in order to protect our rights or the rights of a third party.
We never forward, sell or exchange your personal data for marketing purposes to any third party outside DIN TUR. Data is only forwarded to a third party (e.g. a transport company) if necessary for the provision of public transport services, sale of DIN TUR’s tickets and other services.
DIN TUR is governed by the principle of public access to official documents. That means that certain documents are classified as so-called public documents that DIN TUR must issue on request. A confidentiality assessment is carried out in accordance with the Public Access to Information and Secrecy Act prior to the disclosure.
Transfer to a third country
DIN TUR only transfers personal data to countries outside the EU/EEA if the country in question has what is referred to as an adequate level of protection according to the EU or the European Commission or if that is specifically stated at the moment when you supply your personal data to us.
For how long do we save your personal data?
DIN TUR saves your personal data in accordance with the weeding decisions applying to DIN TUR. The weeding decisions contain information on when DIN TUR may weed (remove) documents containing your personal data.
As far as cards are concerned, we save the information for as long as the card is not deregistered. A patient transport or transportation service is saved for one year. Transactions are saved for 7 years in accordance with the Swedish Accounting Act.
What are your rights?
You have a right at any time (free of charge once a year) to request information about the personal data we have saved on you. Your request must be issued in writing and must be signed in your own hand and must contain information on your name and personal identity number. We need this to ensure that we issue the details to the right person.
If your data is inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant, you can ask to have it corrected. We are unable to erase your data that is classified as public documents or when there is a statutory requirement to store it, such as in accounting rules, or when there are other legitimate reasons why the data must be saved, such as unpaid debts. Nor can we erase your data if it is required to enable us to fulfil our commitments to you. You can withdraw your consent to allow us to use the data for marketing purposes at any time.
Requests for extracts from registers, information or correction of incorrect data are sent to:
841 22 Ånge
The information will be sent to your address as entered in the national register.
You are also entitled, where applicable, to lodge a complaint with the Swedish Authority for Privacy Protection, which is the supervisory authority for processing personal data.
How is your data protected?
DIN TUR protects your privacy. DIN TUR is therefore constantly working to adopt all appropriate technical and organisational measures required in each individual case to protect your personal data and otherwise ensure that the processing takes place in accordance with applicable law.
DIN TUR makes regular changes to this policy. A new version takes effect when it is made available on the website at www.dintur.se
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any questions about our processing of your personal data.
841 22 Ånge
Data Protection Officer
841 22 Ånge